Closed Captioning Webinar
Last week we brought you a brief history of closed captioning laws, as well as a whitepaper on the current, and future, state of closed captioning regulations. This week we bring in our resident expert on closed captioning software technology, Giovanni Galvez, to highlight some of the challenges with bringing your content up to date.
To help broadcasters better understand and meet federal regulations regarding TV closed captioning, Giovanni’s webinar provides information about closed caption data verification for common digital video files. It also examines the challenges that broadcasters face when transitioning to a file-based workflow.
What you’ll learn:
- Where CEA-608 and CEA-708 caption data is stored
- The limitations of automated quality control processes in a file-based workflow
- QC of advanced CEA-708 caption attributes
- Information stored alongside closed caption data
- Preserving closed caption data attributes when converting to Internet video captions
- Emulating in the QC lab what viewers watch at home
There is even a sneak peak at Telestream’s newest product Switch, come take a look!
I find the mixing of information about Telestream’s enterprise products and information about Telestream’s desktop products confusing. In the case of this article, what desktop application user needs to know where CEA-608 and CEA-708 caption data is stored? A little more granularity might be helpful. How about two blogs, one for enterprise and one for desktop?